Natasha Smith, M.B.A.
Director of Enrollment Management
333 Goodwin Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061
M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2016
M.B.A., Business Administration, Virginia Tech, 2008
Graduate Certificate, Liberal Arts, Virginia Tech, 2008
B.S. Business Information Technology, Virginia Tech, 2006
||8:30 - 11:00 & 1:30 - 4:00
||8:30 - 12:00
||1:30 - 4:00
||1:30 - 4:00
||No Office Hours
Natasha is the Director of Enrollment Management for the College of Engineering as well as an undergraduate academic and career advisor for General Engineering students. These dual roles allow Natasha the unique opportunity to understand and articulate viewpoints of both administration and students.
Natasha strives to implement innovative and systematic technological advances to academic advising and enrollment management.
Natasha completed her bachelor's and master's degrees from Virginia Tech's Pamplin College of Business. She is also currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering at Virginia Tech.
- Transforming the College of Engineering change of major process from a paper-based review method to an electronic, automated process.
- Leading the effort to convert paper-based advising files to a document management system.
- Providing the technical skills to create a comprehensive engineering major exploration tool, Explore Engineering.
Awards & Honors
- 2016 NACADA Outstanding Advisor Certificate of Merit
- 2016 Governor's Award for Teamwork (with Alex Guest), Virginia Tech Representative
- 2016 Provost's Award for Excellence in Advising, Virginia Tech
- 2014 Governor's Award for Innovation, Virginia Tech Representative
- 2013 Governor's Award for Teamwork (with Marlena McGlothlin Lester), Virginia Tech Representative