Natasha Smith, M.S., M.B.A.
Director of Enrollment Management
Associate Director of Advising
327 Goodwin Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Ph.D. Candidate, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2016
M.B.A., Business Administration, Virginia Tech, 2008
Graduate Certificate, Liberal Arts, Virginia Tech, 2008
B.S. Business Information Technology, Virginia Tech, 2006
Office Hours: Appointment Only
|Mondays||8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
1:30 PM – 4:00 PM
|Tuesdays||8:30 AM – 11:30 AM|
|Wednesdays||1:30 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Thursdays||1:30 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Fridays||No Office Hours|
Natasha is the Director of Enrollment Management for the College of Engineering as well as an undergraduate academic and career advisor for General Engineering students. These dual roles allow Natasha the unique opportunity to understand and articulate viewpoints of both administration and students.
Natasha strives to implement innovative and systematic technological advances to academic advising and enrollment management.
Natasha completed her bachelor's and master's degrees from Virginia Tech's Pamplin College of Business. She is also currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering at Virginia Tech.
- Transforming the College of Engineering change of major process from a paper-based review method to an electronic, automated process.
- Leading the effort to convert paper-based advising files to a document management system.
- Providing the technical skills to create a comprehensive engineering major exploration tool, Explore Engineering.
Awards & Honors:
- Virginia Tech Advisor of the Month, January (2017)
- NACADA Outstanding Advisor Certificate of Merit (2016)
- Governor's Award for Teamwork (with Alex Guest), Virginia Tech Representative (2016)
- Provost's Award for Excellence in Advising, Virginia Tech (2016)
- Governor's Award for Innovation, Virginia Tech Representative (2014)
- Governor's Award for Teamwork (with Marlena McGlothlin Lester), Virginia Tech Representative (2013)