The subgroup that Engineering Education is collaborating with works on the impact of serious games has on the teaching of wireless communication and the development and assessment of tutorials aimed to assist in the teaching and learning of spectrum sharing cognitive radios as well as hosing a Spectrum Sharing Competition each year. The work is facilitated by the CORNET radio network that is installed in Kelly Hall.
Mission Statement: Produce students who continue to make advances in wireless networks and technologies as members of government,
Do pioneering research that impacts next generations wireless networks and technologies.
Serve the wireless industry and government through rapid response research, consulting, symposia and short courses.
Bring together interested outside parties and group members who have synergistic technical needs and expertise.
- Hands-on Learning for Novel Solutions to Radio Spectrum Problems (HLSP), Office of Naval Research, Department of Defense.
- Support for 2016-17 Spectrum-Sharing Radio Challenge (Spectrum-ShaRC), Mitre Corporation, Department of Defense
- Motorola Solutions Foundation - Innovation Generation Local Impact Grants
- IUSE: Gamification of Wireless Communication Testbeds for Authentic STEM Learning, National Science Foundation, National Science Foundation
- Marojevic, V., Goff, R., Dietrich, C., Buehrer, M., Polys, N., Heard, C., Yang, T., â€œWireless Communication Testbed and Tools for Authentic STEM Learningâ€, Presented and published in the proceedings of the ASEE Annual Convention and Exposition, Seattle, WA, June, 2015
- Dietrich, C, Goff, R., Garcia-Sheridan, J., Marojevic, V.,,Workshop on Tutorials to explore Wireless Communication using CORNET and CORNET 3-D Wireless Testbeds, ASEE Annual Convention and Exposition, New Orleans, June, 2016.
- Garcia-Sheridan, J. Goff, R., Marojevic, V., Dietrich, C., Buehrer, M., Polys, N., A Pretest-Posttest Quasi-Experimental Study for a Game Intervention in an Undergraduate Wireless Communications Course, Presented and published in the proceedings of the ASEE Annual Convention and Exposition, Columbus, OH, June, 2017.
- Dietrich, C., Garcia-Sheridan, J. Goff, R., Marojevic, V., Instructional Strategies and Design of Immersive Wireless Communication Tutorial Exercises, Presented and published in the proceedings of the ASEE Annual Convention and Exposition, Columbus, OH, June, 2017.
The White House recently announced its Advanced Wireless Research Initiative to be led by National Science Foundation (NSF) to pursue innovative spectrum policy and research efforts that will accelerate the deployment of a new generation of wireless networks that are up to 100 times faster than today.
Wireless @ Virginia Tech will be hosting the 27th Annual Wireless Symposium & Summer School at the Virginia Tech Executive Briefing Center located on the second floor of the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, VA.