Engineering Success Coaches
The Engineering Success program is for first year General Engineering students to help realize their strengths and to develop their skills and strengths for academic success in their time here at Virginia Tech. Our coaches provide academic support and foster engagement within the engineering community.
Coaches meet with students individually or in small groups to share strategies and build skills that will help students to improve their academic success and reach their goals.
They also focus on
- the success of General Engineering majors;
- providing information about learning strategies, or studying techniques;
- getting the most out of homework and class,;
- test preparation, organization skills, and time management, and
- navigating how to seek help.
Engineering Success Coaches may also provide tutoring in first year engineering courses such as Foundations of Engineering (ENGE 1215/1216), Calculus Preparation Courses (MATH 1014 or MATH 1984), Calculus of a Single Variable (MATH 1225), and General Chemistry (CHEM 1035).