Education, Learning, Identity and Transfer in Engineering
Welcome to the ELITE Research Group!
The Education, Learning, Identity and Transfer in Engineering Research Group (ELITE) - directed by Dr. Nicole Pitterson, engages in research aimed at creating, supporting, and sustaining engineering learning environments, formal and informal, that are designed to provide students with relevant knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to be successful in their course of study and future professions. Our research seeks to answer the following questions:
- How do we assess learning formally and informally in engineering (STEM)?
- How do we design and innovate learning environments?
- How do we support the development of students' identity and sense of belonging in engineering?
- What mechanisms can be best leveraged to optimize transfer of learning?
- How do we use instructional practices to foster cognitive engagement and conceptual understanding?