What is academic advising?
Academic Advising at Virginia Tech is a collaborative process between student and advisor leading to the exchange of information that encourages the individual student to make responsible academic and career decisions.
Who is my academic advisor?
General Engineering has a team of academic advisors dedicated to guiding students through the first-year engineering program. Students can view their academic advisor assignment on Hokie Spa under View General Student Information.
Where is my advisor's office located?
Goodwin Hall, 3rd Floor
How do I make an appointment?
Instructions for scheduling an appointment
Why should I see my advisor?
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned academic advisor prior to:
- registering for the next semester's classes
- dropping a class
- withdrawing from a class
- resigning from a semester
- choosing a major and/or minor
- taking classes at another institution
- studying abroad
- completing undergraduate research
- accepting a co-op/internship